Ghana Kente Throw
Ghana Kente Throw
Fulfilled by our friends at Thula Tula
This traditional African print throw is woven of soft yarn to bring the intricate design of the Kente cloth to the fore. You'll be equally drawn to its stunning traditional patterns and cozy feeling. This warm, lightweight, and hypoallergenic throw is sustainably and ethically crafted in Africa.
The Kente Cloth throw is the perfect size to cuddle up on the couch or effortlessly drape over a chair for a pop of color. The minimalist vibrance and beauty of the Kente Cloth throw is bursting with tradition and culture that will add the finishing touch to any home design.
- Hypoallergenic, no toxic dyes or chemicals used...ever
- Sustainably and ethically made in South Africa
- Soft, warm perfect for outdoors and indoors
- Machine washable, pet- and kid-friendly
- Your Purchase helps. 1 blanket = 30 Kids with clean water
- This beautiful and vibrant throw has been inspired by the colorful Kente fabric, which originated from West Ghana in the 11th century. Kente comes from the word ‘kenten’, which means ‘basket’ in the Akan dialect, Asante. The fabric in itself is particularly special, as it was originally the royal cloth of kings, worn only in times of extreme importance. While its esteem remains high, Kente cloth is today in wide use. The different cloth designs carry specific non-verbal messages, such as Mako Maso Adeae (my heart’s desire) meaning ‘I love you’ when the cloth is left at the front door of a women’s house.
- Size: 55in x 71in / 140cm x 180cm
- Color: Wild Dove / Nugget Gold
- Style: Throw / Wrap
- Materials: 100% super soft, warm, lightweight, and hypoallergenic microfiber with a triple jacquard weave
- Origin: Crafted in South Africa
- The African Kente Cloth print is fully machine washable
- We recommend machine washing your blanket on a cool, gentle cycle and line-drying to preserve the fibers and color